Plainsboro Princeton Medical Associates PC
Internist & Aesthetic Specialist located in Plainsboro Township, NJ
Dermal fillers accentuate and plump thin lips or fill in shallow facial contours. Dr. Aruna Chakrala and Dr. Sangeeta Buddala provide patients with dermal filler injections from Plainsboro Princeton Medical Associates PC’s offices in Plainsboro Township and Monroe Township, New Jersey. These injectable fillers are safe and transform your facial features to your liking or take years off your appearance. To find out more information about dermal fillers, call or use the online booking tool and schedule an appointment.
Dermal Fillers Q & A
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable treatments that reduce the pronounced appearance of facial lines and add fullness to your facial features. When you get older, your face begins to lose the subcutaneous fat that gives your facial contours their appealing volume. The results of that natural process are smile lines, or wrinkles around the sides of your mouth, and crow’s feet.
Your facial skin also stretches as you age, which is another cause for loss of facial volume. Sun damage, genetics, and lifestyle habits like smoking tobacco speed up this process, making you look older faster.
Dermal fillers serve a variety of purposes. These injectables can:
- Plump thin lips
- Smooth facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of some scars
- Decrease the shadow from lower eyelids
What are the different types of dermal fillers?
Dr. Chakrala offers several types of injectable gel dermal fillers from Juvederm®, including:
- Volbella®: Volbella is a gel filler that adds volume to thin lips and helps diminish vertical lip lines. This filler plumps your lips and reduces lines while maintaining your natural appearance. The results last up to one year.
- Voluma®: Voluma is a gel filler Dr. Chakrala injects into your cheeks to restore lost volume. The results are almost immediately noticeable and last up to two years. The active ingredient in this line of dermal fillers is hyaluronic acid. This naturally occurring substance gives your skin nutrients that add volume and retain moisture and suppleness.
Am I a good candidate for dermal fillers?
If you have smile lines, crow’s feet, or want to add volume to your facial contours or lips, dermal fillers may be right for you. Dr. Chakrala assesses your overall health to make sure you can receive dermal fillers during an evaluation at her office.
Are dermal fillers safe?
The injection of dermal fillers is safe, simple procedure that produces minimal side effects, such as minor swelling and tenderness at the injection site. When you come in for a consultation with Dr. Chakrala, she discusses all the potential risks involved.
To learn more about dermal fillers, call or use the online booking tool today and set up an appointment with Dr. Chakrala.
Physical Examsmore info
High Blood Pressuremore info
Pap Smearmore info
Joint Injectionsmore info
Cardiovascular Healthmore info
Sick Visitsmore info
Thyroid Treatmentmore info
Laser Hair Removalmore info
Skin Rejuvenationmore info
Dermal Fillersmore info